Inside: These Healthy Greek Yogurt Frozen Yogurt Bars are a delicious summertime snack option that kids and adults will enjoy!
I love coming up with and sharing refreshing and healthy snack ideas, especially during the summer months when kids are out of school. This type of recipe will make it easier for you to give your family nutritious, but delicious snacks that taste like a dessert, but are healthy too!
Besides being a great healthy dessert option, these Greek yogurt frozen yogurt bars are great to serve for breakfast too, since you can add other healthy ingredients and favorite toppings to it like fresh fruits and your favorite granola, depending on your personal preferences.
How do you make Greek Yogurt Frozen Yogurt Bars
This delicious recipe is full of protein. This is not only because greek yogurt has a lot of protein, but also because I added collagen powder which gives even more and which helps our joints.
For this recipe, you will also need a silicon mold like this one which makes it super easy to remove the bars once they are frozen. You can also use a popsicle mold if that is what you have available.
To start this recipe, you will need to gather the following simple ingredients:
- Plain greek yogurt (unflavored and with no sugar added)
- Honey or Maple Syrup. I like to use just a little maple syrup or honey, but if I am making these for my kids or husband, I use a little more since I tolerate low-sugar desserts a little bit better than they do.
- Collagen Powder (you can also use your favorite protein powder if you don’t have collagen powder.
- Granola (grain free)
- Fresh Fruit (you can use different fruits, like fresh berries, depending on what you have on hand).
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Shredded Coconut Flakes (optional)
- Vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
This is really simple to make. Start in a large bowl mix yogurt, honey or maple syrup, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and collagen. Now, line the silicon mold with wax paper or parchment paper and put a sliced banana at the bottom. Then, pour yogurt mixture over the top. Tap the bottom gently against the table to remove any bubbles and so that everything is even.
Add fruit, granola, chocolate chips and other toppings as desired. The beauty of this recipe is that you can customize it depending on your diet and the different flavors that you want to give it. For example, you can add fresh strawberries to the bottom with the bananas if you want. Another way to add even more protein is by adding chia seeds.
Regardless of the toppings you add, this is a great healthy recipe for a hot day. Whether you are eating it as a super delicious dessert or as a breakfast, everyone is sure to love it.
What are some benefits of Greek Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is a high protein food, which has low calories and low sugar if you choose the plain variety. Also, if you buy it organic, it is hormone-free also which is better for our health. Another one of the best things about it is that it is relatively inexpensive – I got a liter size at Costco for 5 dollars!
Some other benefits of Greek yogurt are the following:
- Helps with fat loss
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- Can improve heart health and blood pressure
- Helps digestive health because of the probiotics that it contains
- Can help control type-2 diabetes
You can use Greek yogurt it many different recipes – savory and sweet and you can be certain that you are getting health benefits when you use it.
Let me know in the comments below how this recipe turns out for you!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Frozen Yogurt Bars
- 1 Banana Sliced down the middle
- 2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 4 Tbsp Collagen Powder
- 3 Tbsp Plain Granola
- 1 Tbsp Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Optional
- Fresh Berries Optional
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut Flakes Optional
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Mix the 2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt in a large bowl with 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup, 4 Tbsp Collagen Powder, 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract, and 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Line the silicon mold with wax paper or parchment paper
- Add 1 Banana to the bottom of the mold and then pour the yogurt mixture over the top, tapping gently against the table to remove bubbles and make sure everything is even.
- Add the 3 Tbsp Plain Granola, 1 Tbsp Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Fresh Berries, and 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut Flakes to the top and freeze for 4 hours before removing, slicing, and serving.
Hi, I’m Charbel!
I am a child of a loving Heavenly Father. A mother to four and wife to a marvelous husband. I am also a Lupus Fighter. I Love to cook. I love inspirational podcasts. I am also lover of all things creative and a fearless DIY-er. A Homebody. A wellness and Relaxation lover. Welcome to The Healing Cookbook! Read more...