Inside: Learn how to make this delicious and healthy berry cobbler recipe, using gluten free flour and other tasty ingredients.
The only equipment you need to make this healthy berry cobbler are a large bowl, a baking dish, and your oven. It uses simple ingredients that are easy to get and can be done in no time at all!
A popular way to serve this recipe is as an easy dessert with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream of banana ice cream. However, you can also use it as a tasty breakfast or a sweet treat anytime you need one.
This cobbler recipe uses blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries and is my go-to recipe when it starts to warm up in the summer since those ingredients are more economical than in the winter where we live. You can also just make it with blueberries, which is also popular and known as a healthy blueberry cobbler.
You can use fresh berries, or you can use a frozen berry mix at the store if it is easier.
What are some benefits of berries?
There are many types of berries, including the well known stawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blue berries, and more. They all have lots of health benefits and are good for our skin too.
- Strawberries are good for our immune system since they have lots of vitamin C, and they also anthcyanins which are pigments that can help reduce cholesterol and the risk of high blood pressure. They are low in calories and fructos and have lots of hydrating property in addition to being an important source of antioxidants.
- Raspberries, like strawberries, are low in calories and sugar and are a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium in addition to being easy to digest. They also have folic acid and detox properties that are good for our bodies.
- Blueberries can help prevent certain types of cancers and cardiac diseases and have been shown to help with brain health and memory.
- Blackberries have probiotics which help feed good bacteria in our digestive tract and they also are a good source of magnesium and potassium and are low in calories.
Combining all of these berries into one recipe multiply the benefits and help us to eat healthy while still enjoying a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
How do you make berry cobbler recipe?
My favorite way to make this perfect summer dessert is so easy! All you have to do is combine a few simple ingredients before baking it to a golden brown perfection. This is just one of our series of healthy desserts that you can find on our site. We also have made healthy brownies, popsicles, chocolate chip cookies, and more! All of these recipes are gluten free and delicious.
For this recipe, you will need 4 cups of mixed berries, including fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. If you don’t have all of those on hand and don’t have time to buy them, just use whatever berries you have available! You can use fresh fruit or you can find the frozen berries at your local grocery store. You will also use vanilla extract for this recipe to give it extra flavor.
In addition, for the crisp topping, you will need 1 cup of gluten-free flour, like this one, or really any gluten free flour that you prefer. Some options are almond flour, coconut flour, oat flour, and more.
We will also use organic, gluten free oats, coconut sugar, coconut oil, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon.
Start by adding the berries to the bottom of a baking dish and combining it with the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Stir well and set aside.
Next, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until everything is well combined. You can also do this step in a food processor if you prefer. Spread it out over the top of the berries and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Remove from the oven and serve with whipped cream, healthy ice cream, or just by itself if you want less sugar.
You can try this recipe with other fruits as well. For example, peach cobbler is another option that I love and that you can make by replacing the berries with peaches.
This tasty recipe is a great option for a healthy lifestyle. It has natural sugars which gives it just enough sweetness, and it has become one of our favorite desserts at our house.
Let me know in the comments below how it turns out!
Healthy Berry Cobbler Recipe (Gluten Free)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Berries
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- En a large bowl, mix the berries with the cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Place the berry mixture in a baking dish and set aside.
- In the same bowl you used for the berries, combine the rest of the ingredients until a crumbly paste is formed.
- Top the berry mixture with the crumble and bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.
Hi, I’m Charbel!
I am a child of a loving Heavenly Father. A mother to four and wife to a marvelous husband. I am also a Lupus Fighter. I Love to cook. I love inspirational podcasts. I am also lover of all things creative and a fearless DIY-er. A Homebody. A wellness and Relaxation lover. Welcome to The Healing Cookbook! Read more...